Help us Eliminate the 1 in 8 men that will have prostate cancer in their lifetime. All men are at risk of developing prostate cancer. This risk is much higher for African American men and those with a family history of the disease. When found at an early stage, there is hope for cure. Sadly many men are diagnosed after the cancer has spread beyond the prostate like Buddy’s brother Phil Guy who passed away in 2008.
Early detection saves lives. All men should know their personal risk and make a plan with their doctor for testing. Learn more about prostate cancer here.
Join Buddy, his daughter Carlise and PCa Blue to increase awareness through the Blues Community so no family loses a brother, uncle, father, grandfather or any man to this deadly disease. Together we are hosting a series of educational blues concert events to get the community talking about prostate cancer and support the prostate cancer community.
In honor of Buddy’s 81st birthday on July 30 we are working together to raise $81,000 to defeat prostate cancer. All donations of $81 and over will be entered to win a signed polka dot strat.
How can you can help?
- Donate below or text BUDDY to 71777 to honor Buddy’s 81st birthday with a donation to this campaign
- Share this lifesaving information with a man at risk
- Tell your story on our Facebook page
- Use the hashtag #1in8men in your social media
- Get your friends and family involved – create a fundraising page